This is an update on several developments related to Peak Open Projects.
Presently we are doing development on 7 different projects.
We do our best to open the repositories as soon as we consider the code to be stable enough and we have completed our initial brainstorm on the implementation.
Some direct links to repositories already available:
- HiveHub.dev: https://gitlab.com/peakd/hivehub.dev
- Hive Node Beacon: https://gitlab.com/peakd/hive-node-beacon
- PeakD Hivemind Plugin: https://gitlab.com/peakd/peakd-hivemind-plugin
- Others coming soon
HiveHub.dev - Platform
HiveHub is an open source interface that displays many other Peak Open projects bookmark it and start using it now.
We have completed supporting dark mode on HiveHub. To all users that prefer dark mode, you may access this by going to
Settings, then toggle Theme.
- Support dark mode [COMPLETED] - Improve translation/localization support [WIP]
Explorer [HiveHub.dev module]
Developers: @yozen, @asgarth. Feedback and suggestions: @jarvie
To further improve your user experience when viewing data for Witnesses and Proposals, we have added Filters.
In the Proposals page, you can filter by
Status and quickly see which proposals are Funded, Not Funded, Partially Funded, and Upcoming.
We have also added the
Status, Blocks, and Price Feed filters on the Witnesses page. You may also search the account name of a Witness in the search bar.
- Fixed data and added more relevant details in account info [COMPLETED] - Add filters in the witnesses page (Hive and Hive Engine) [COMPLETED] - Add filters in the proposals page [COMPLETED] - Implement new filters [WIP]
Market [HiveHub.dev module]
Developers: @igormuba, @asgarth. Feedback and suggestions: @jarvie
Important features are already done and being successful tested such as the swap page.
Slippage has been added to swap page.
Limit orders are also available but awaiting additions to the page such as order book.
HIVE, HBD PRICE FEED
We are now supporting 6 price source for HIVE/USD and HBD/USD. This can be changed by clicking on the dropdown button as shown below.
Note: Though the open source code is now available, public user interface will not be accessible until it is finished and tested. This feature deals with money, and it would not be responsible to release the UI until fully vetted. We will then have a version at least on HiveHub.dev with hopefully other interfaces using the open source code.
- Dark mode is now supported in the market page [COMPLETED] - Add witness feed for HBD/USD [COMPLETED] - Add witness feed for HIVE/USD [COMPLETED] - Fix null data in trade history [COMPLETED] - Fix buy button logic preventing limit orders [COMPLETED] - Percentage profit/loss on swap by USD value [COMPLETED]
Sting Message Protocol
Quick reminder: this is an Encrypted messaging protocol that also focuses on group messaging in particular to work with Hive communities.
As we've mentioned in our previous update, the Sting Messenger programmer has created this testing interface below for the sting protocol. Here is a list of updates that we've recently pushed on the testing interface.
CREATING GROUPS AND SENDING MESSAGES
Users can now create groups, send and accept invites, and send group messages.
Quote replies are now supported. You can quote a message by clicking on the reply button.
EDITING MESSAGES AND EDIT HISTORY
The edit functionality is now added in messages. This can be accessed by hovering above the message and clicking on Edit message.
Edit history can also now be viewed as shown below:
- Support encrypted group messages for unlimited number of users [COMPLETED] - Join invite button functionality for groups [COMPLETED] - Community about page text, layout changes, users sidebar [COMPLETED] - Right click menu ui, emote, quote, edit, delete ui buttons [COMPLETED] - Edit/delete message content type, edit/delete ui [COMPLETED] - Edit history [COMPLETED] - Renaming and deleting groups [WIP] - Adding and displaying emotes [WIP] - Adding threads [WIP]
We started testing notifications on selected accounts, and getting close to making the code open source. The notifications will be customizable so that users will have the option to only get the type of notifications that they are interested in.
The team is planning to integrate notifications on the HiveHub platform.
We are presently working on the User Interface for HiveHub which is also open source.
- Improve logs for validated transactions [COMPLETED] - Stream time stamps [COMPLETED] - Add account link in notifications [COMPLETED] - Customizable notifications [WIP] - Integrate notifications into HiveHub [WIP]
Hive Node Beacon
Hive Node Beacon is an open source monitor that helps identify API node issues and how well they perform and support certain actions.
You can now easily identify the performance of Hive Engine nodes as the Hive Blockchain Node Beacon is now supporting HE nodes.
- Support Hive Engine Nodes [COMPLETED] - Implement new tests for Hive Engine Nodes [WIP]
Hive Open Stats
Hive Open Stats will provide easy access to aggregated data about Hive. We already have a list of data that we are planning to collect and have started working on collecting stats for posts, comments and transfers. The developer will continue to add more and more data sets to the project.
This is conceptualized and developed as a general-purpose statistical platform for Hive that many frontends can utilize.
- Project setup [COMPLETED] - Initial database structure [COMPLETED] - Daily number of posts and comments [COMPLETED] - Daily number and total sum of transfers of Hive/HBD between users [COMPLETED] - Daily number and total sum of transfers of Hive/HBD to and from exchanges [COMPLETED] - Daily transfers of Hive/HBD to and from the Decentralized Hive Fund [WIP] - Stats on the hbdstabilizer to easily track the total financials [TO DO] - Daily power ups and power downs [TO DO]
How to support the @peakd project
WORK WITH US
If you're a project looking to integrate one of these tools message us.
If you're a developer looking for a part time open source project message us.
VOTE HERE: https://peakd.com/witnesses
OPEN PROJECTS PROPOSAL
You can support our proposal to develop open source tools for the whole Hive community using one of the following links:
- PeakD: https://peakd.com/proposals/223
- Hive.blog: https://wallet.hive.blog/proposals
- Ecency: https://ecency.com/proposals/223
- Or directly on Hivesigner
SHARE IDEAS AND FEEDBACK
We invite you to share and brainstorm some ideas with us:
- Share on posts #HiveLaunchpad or #PeakOpenProjects
- Reach out on this discord channel
- Create a suggestion on our new feature voting site https://feedback.peakd.com -- use category "Peak Open Projects"