If you are anywhere in the gaming community, chances are pretty high that either you are aware of the new Apex Legends season or have seen it trending on Twitter for the last couple weeks. I am going to be explaining all of the important changes of the season and my first impression playing with the new mechanics.
About three days ago, Apex released its' 9th season and this has broken the internet with astounding new player numbers. If you had gotten the chance to get online on the day of release, call yourself lucky, the servers were struggling hard and many could not login to play including me. However, things seem to be doing better now with the servers. before getting into the small adjustments, proceed with caution if you are a casual player, the new season has brought many "try-hards" and it is almost impossible to have a good game or possibly a win at this time.
Weapon Patches -
• Hammerpoint and Skullpiercer are now vaulted
• Headshot multiplier for AR's are dropping from 2.0 to 1.75
• Peacekeeper shotgun is now able to be found out of drop
• Triple Take can only be found in drops now
• Havoc has less recoil for easier usability
• M600 Spitfire now has more recoil for harder usability
• 30-30 Repeater now has more leg damage, and faster ADS movability
• G7 Scout has faster ADS movability, and increased hipfire spread
• Longbow DMR increased headshot multiplier from 2.0 to 2.15
• Mozambique mag increased to 6, moved lower two pellets inward in blast pattern
• P2020 Bullet damage increased from 15 to 18, lowered fire rate
• Arcstar grenades aim and movement slowness removed from initial stick
Quality of Life Improvements -
• When looting death boxes, teammates health can be seen
• Badges are sorted, used to be a pain to equip achievements
• Challenges can be favorited to be shown on lobby screen
• Emotes have been added
• New Dropship flight paths
• Ring timing adjustments shown in picture
• Players now spawn with loot package, reduced chance of finding level 1 armour
Legend Buffs and Nerfs -
• Lifeline no longer deploys shield for revives, but can revive two players at same time
• Lifeline D.O.C. heal Drone increased effectiveness from 5HP/s to 8HP/s, deploy time dropped about 33% from original
• Care Package Ult. Reduced cooldown, guarantees upgrade to shields, targets current teams equipment for attachments
• Octane Stim cooldown reduced from 4s to 1s with increased damage from 12hp to 20hp per use
• Octane boost pad causes increased bullet spread while in air and shooting
• Loba's bracelet now can be thrown while running and sliding, no longer being slowed by translocation
• Loba's Black-market Boutique increased cooldown from 90s to 120s
•Horizon's lift speed reduced by 30%, reduced side to side movement, max of 2 seconds on top of lift, reduced cooldown from 25s to 20s
•Horizon's equipment can be zapped by Watson's pylons
• Fuse now has two stacks of Knuckle Cluster, and reduced cooldown from 25s to 20s
• Bangalore's smoke is now more denser and harder to see through
• Bloodhound's Ultimate does not grant assists anymore
•Crypto's drone can now scan and open drops, but cannot hijack respawn beacons in use anymore
Besides major changes and additions, there are bug fixes but I will not be listing those in this post. Next comes the best part, all of the cool major things that caused such an influx of players.
This new season brings along the Bocek Bow! The bow spawns pretty commonly and has a range of attachments including Shatter Caps and Deadeye's Tempo. The Deadeye's Tempo can go on the bow and the Sentinel sniper, and the Shatter Caps can be equipped on the bow and the 30-30 Repeater.
After some games playing with it, the bow is extremely overpowered with almost no drop 200 Meters out and no damage dropout. Currently, the bow can hit someone with 70 damage which I am positive will be nerfed sometime soon.
All of the Wingman marksmen are having a field-day with this, a red Evo Shield player can get killed in four shots with this thing!
Valkyrie is the newest addition to the Apex Family and is possibly the most overpowered legend released yet, which will also be nerfed at some point. Bolstering a wide range of abilities, her passive is a jetpack to get to high areas that otherwise could not be reached.
Further, her tactical is a missile swarm that can damage and disorient the enemies.
Valkyrie's ultimate is also quite versatile, allowing herself and her whole team to launch into the sky and drop somewhere else, virtually making jump towers obsolete.
As Valkyrie is classified as a Recon Legend, she can scan survey beacons to get insight on the next rings, allowing for a better positional advantage.
In my opinion, one of the bigger disappointments is the addition of 3V3's in Apex Legends. I feel it is trying a bit hard to be something it is not, but it is kind of fun if you do not get your hopes up on something that will relax you.
This mode is a one-life elimination type battle, where you choose your legend, and buy equipment, abilities, and weapons to beat the other team. First to win three rounds win.
Currently, there is three maps released for 3V3's also known as Arenas. The maps will be named and shown in the picture above. ↑
Overall, the new season adds a ton of changes and is good for the life of the game. however, the immense popularity currently is making the game extremely hard to get in good games and not die almost immediately.
Most information was found here, check it out!
Thank you for checking out my post!